Semperfli No Tack UV Thin 20ml Bottle
Transparent for heads with viscosity of light honey Semperfli No-Tack UV Resin dries as it says, with No Tack to its finish. It can be used to secure thread or deer or bucktail part way through a tie to allow you to continue tying without building up a profile or use it as a varnish replacement. Unlike some UVs resins on the market the no tack finish means no need to varnish over the top to get a perfect finish to your fly. Use to create heads, as a layer over bodies perdigon flies or as an alternative to superglue based flies.
The science bit – specially developed liquid monomers and oligomers are mixed with a small percent of photoinitiators, these are then stored in black UV resistant bottles. Exposed to UV energy in a few seconds the adhesives instantly harden to protect your fly.
No Tack UV Thin Benefits
- No mixing necessary.
- No tack finish so does not need covering with varnish like other products
- Ultra-low viscosity
- UV-Cure 365nm
- Glossy and hard finish
UV Adhesive advice:
- All UV adhesives are best kept in a fridge, ideally No Tack UV should be kept at 8 to 28C (48F to 82F)
- ideal shelf life of approximately 8 months
- Add thin layers and cure with a 365nm UV torch
- All products’ shelf-life decrease with increasing storage temperature. Storing tubes in a closed car in summer for example, where temperature may reach over 50C may kill a bottle in one day!