The MSU Guides Choice Hopper: Your Ultimate Guide to a Versatile Fly Pattern
The world of fly fishing is ever-evolving, leaving innovative anglers and tiers to create effective patterns mimicking the natural insects and food sources to fool even the spookiest of their favorite fish. The MSU Hopper, is a brilliant amalgamation of inspiration drawn from the GFA Hopper, Morish Hopper, and Chubby Chernobyl, and stands as a testament to the creative spirit of fly tying. This pattern, was inspired by the talented Peter Steen, fusing the best elements of each design into a simple, quick-to-tie, and remarkably effective guide hopper pattern.
The Dance of Influence:The MSU Hopper pays homage to its predecessors, reflecting the genius of each pattern's creator. From the GFA Hopper, it borrows a sense of lifelike realism; from the Morish Hopper, it takes the concept of simplicity; and from the Chubby Chernobyl, it learns the art of visibility and versatility. Merging these attributes, the MSU Hopper emerges as a fly that beckons fish with lifelike allure, dances effortlessly on the water's surface, and defies the conventional constraints of seasonal adaptability.
Fly Tying Tutorial
- Hook: Moonlit Premium TOGATTA ML411 size 8-14
- Thread: Semperfli Classic Waxed 8/0 Fluoro Red (Size and Color to match fly)
- Under Body: Semperfli Mirror Tinsel 1/32" Red
- Body: Moonlit Zero Gravity 2mm Red/Black (Color of choice, sz 14 second foam 1mm Zero Gravity Foam)
- Legs: Semperfli Fluoro Red/Black Barred Rubber Legs (Color to match fly)
- Wing: Semperfli Black Predator Fibers (Color to match fly)